Automotive Body Coach Building
Hydraulic & Pneumatic Equipment
Industrial & Shipping Containers, Barrels And Drums
Insulators,Insulation Material & Accessories
Mechanical Power Transmission Tools And Accessories
Miscellaneous Automobile Parts, Components & Equipment
Miscellaneous Electrical & Electronic Items
Ship & Marine Tools, Equipment & Accessories
Warehousing Agents & Consultants
New Mangalore Port Authority is mentioned in the manuscripts of the Great Library of Alexandria, Egypt. Roman history describes Mangalore as a Port on the mouth of the river Netras (Netravati) as the old port was located at the confluence of Gurpur and Netravati rivers. Greek drama also alludes to Mangalore described as Mangala. Ptolemy, the astronomer and famous explorer of the 2nd century makes a mention of Mangalore in his travelogue. During the time of Vijayanagara Empire, Arab traders had established a flourishing trade in silk and spices between Mangalore and West Asia and even now is known as the Gateway of Karnataka.
New Mangalore Port Authority Harbour Project was set up in the year 1962. The maritime works on the project commenced in 1968. The New Mangalore Port, the only Major Port of Karnataka was declared as the 9th Major Port on 4th May 1974 and was formally inaugurated by the then Prime Minister of India, Smt. Indira Gandhi on 11th January 1975. The provisions of the Major Port Trust Act 1963 were applied to NMPT with effect from 1.4.1980. Since then the Port has been functioning as a centre of activities for Importers and Exporters of this region.
V O Chidambaranar Port Authority the earliest mention has been made in 88 AD in Greek work "Periuplus of the Erythrean Sea". In AD 124, the earliest reference was made by Ptolemy who has observed - "Country of Kareoi, in the Kolkhic Gulf, where there is a pearl fishery, Sosikourai and Kolkhoi, and emporium at the mouth of the river Solan". There is little doubt that Ptolemy's Sosikuorai is no other place than Tuticorin. From AD 200 to AD 1000, no records pertaining to Tuticorin are available. However, the Tamil Literature of the period, Thevaram, Seevaha Chinthamani and Periyapuranam mention the pearls but ignore the source. James Harnell in his report to the Govt. of Madras has highlighted the Indian Pearl Fisheries of the Gulf of Mannar discussed about Tuticorin. Although in Tamilnadu, there is a mention of Ports like Korkai, Puhar etc.
V O Chidambaranar Port Authority in 1675 are graphic and valuable. The lucrative pearl fishery that flourished under the Dutch is vouchsafed by Jean De Lacome. The English East India Company took over the administration of Tuticorin and its other dependent cities like Kayalpattinam, Punnakayal, Manapad etc. on the 1st June 1825.