Simar village is linked to Una (Taluka Town) by a metalled road extending up to Saiyed Rajpara. Simbor fort and Pankota Islet were occupied by Portuguese and now form part of UT of Diu.While rest of the landscape is part of Una Taluka (Gujarat state).In 1901 a light on a pyramid shaped column 1.5m high inside the fort was established mainly to assist Portuguese vessels to anchor. It was an ordinary wick lamp. In 1958 an RCC column and a cabin were constructed and a DA gas flasher was installed. It was regulated by a sun valve. The light was available during fair season only. The system functioned up to 1993 when it was replaced by electronic flasher (JLWL) and Solar panels for charging batteries on 1st October 1993 and the light was made available throughout the year.In 2003 a GI Trestle 30m tall was erected close to the masonry cabin and the light was shifted on to this tower there by increasing the range of the light. It became operational on 31st January 2003. The relevance of transit did no more exist with the port activities limiting only to the fishing. Therefore they were discontinued in 1992.The DA gaslight was replaced by electronics (JLWL) flashing light working on batteries charged by Solar panels on the 5th October 1993. The range of the light was improved and it was made available now throughout the year.
Simar Lighthouse Simar-362550
Position - 200 46.5’N 710 09.0’E
Characteristic - flash White every 10 Sec.
Tower Colour - Red and White band
Tower - 30 m GI trestle tower
Height above MSL - 34 m
Range - 12 NM
Optical Equip - 200 mm moulded drum optic (JLWL)
Illuminant - 12V 100 W Halogen lamp
Source of Energy - BHEL make solar panels to charge 12V Batteries
Commensed year - 1901
Subsequent Innovations - 1958, 1993, 2003