Mungra reef is a low tide islet about 12 Km North West of Jodiya Port at the entrance of Hansthal Creek. There was on light provided on the Reef earlier to the present light. An unlighted masonry beacon was constructed on the fairway of the islet leading to Navlakhi and Jodiya Ports.The same beacon has been improved and transformed into the lighted beacon during 1996-97. The lighting equipment with electronic flasher manufactured at LH Workshop & Electronic Laboratory, Jamnagar, was installed and commissioned into service on 12th April 1997. The structure was damaged during the devastating cyclone which hit the region on 9th June 1998. The light was restored subsequently after extensive repairs and a new equipment was installed in January 1999.
Mungra Reef Lighthouse Jamnagar-361315
Position - 220 45.6’N 700 11.0’E
Characteristic - flash (2) white every 15 sec.
Tower Colour - Red and White Bands
Tower - 10m high masonry tower
Height above MSL - 10.0m
Range - 10 NM
Optical Equip - 300mm cut & polished drum Optic inside 300mm lantern (JLWL)
Illuminant - 12V 60W-halogen lamp
Source of Energy - Batteries charged by SPV modules
Commensed year - 1890
Subsequent Innovations - 12th April 1997,1999