The Lighthouse is easily approachable by road from Mundra Town. A port was established at Mundra mainly for the export of salt and dates. It was an important port of call for the vessels coming from Muscat, Aden and Zanzibar.The port used to remain inoperative from May to September every year. As such this new port was developed at sheltered location inside the Mundra Creek for round the year operations. The new port at the present location was built during 1950-51.
Position - 220 45.8’N 690 42.4’E
Characteristic - flash White every 3 sec.
Tower Colour - white
Tower - 7m high square concrete column over a hut
Height above MSL - 11m
Range - 5 NM
Optical Equip - 140 mm cut and polished drum optic
Illuminant - 12V 60 W halogen lamp
Source of Energy - 12 V Batteries charged by SPV modules (Solar energy)
Commensed year - 1951
Subsequent Innovations - 1957, 1965, 1985, 1993