If travel plans take you through the Baltic states, you might want to consider flying airBaltic. Latvia's flag carrier, airBaltic serves more than 25 destinations in Europe from its hubs in Riga and Vilnius. The airline's fleet includes seven Boeing 737-500 and seven Fokker 50 aircrafts. Founded in 1995, airBaltic is 53% owned by the Latvian government. Scandinavian air group SAS AB had owned the other 47% but sold its shares in early 2009 to airBaltic's management for about $25 million. The sale comes after the Latvian government rejected a buyout offer from SAS.